Mudbone’s Solidarity Love Shares for Black Families
Grow. Heal. Build.
The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the deep inequities Black Oregonians have experienced for generations. In response to the harm done by racism and the oppression of Black people, Mudbone Grown has created Solidarity Love Shares for Black Families that provides 8 weeks of healthy and fresh food to Black families who need it.
Your support helps us:
- employ Black farmers for the growing season at a living wage ($20 an hour).
- deliver 8 weeks of vegetables, herbs and fruit to dozens of families.
- develop and train another generation of Black farmers.
Ways to give:
- buy a single share for $25
- support one family with 8 weeks of food for $300
Mudbone Grown is led by Black farmers and farmworkers. Our work is centered on the land to feed and nourish the bodies and souls of our community, so we can continue to be strong and focused on the fight for justice.
We partner with various Black-led non-profits, community groups and faith-based organizations to create Black food security and sovereignty.
In the words of Dr. Monica White who wrote the book Freedom Farmers:
“The land is, was and has always been, our healing space and our means of liberation and resistance.”
Your contribution supports Black families’ access to food and resources, while supporting homegrown Black farmers in Oregon!